Saturday, August 25, 2012

Doing Nothing Feeling Free





Feel the Freedom

It's been a wonderful summer so far and everything is going great.

It's easier to think that between work, life at home and the hot summer days that we are having some down time. But come Monday morning are you really feeling refreshed and ready to start the week off again?

I've heard time and again, "we had a great weekend at the cottage. We got so much done in the yard and the dock fixed up. We cleared all the rocks off the shore and....."

Well, that just sounds like a lot of work to me. Does anybody really know how to just have an empty schedule with absolutely nothing to do? Can you  just sit and listen to yourself breathe?

When I give a Massage I like to get into my zone. I pay attention to the needs of the body I'm working on. My hands follow the body's needs. This way I give the person on the table a chance to do nothing but listen to their own breathing and feel their body expanding and contracting, relaxing deeply with each exhalation. After a while your body learns to slow down on its' own. You begin to find your limits and soon you find yourself doing nothing at the cottage.

Wellness to you,


Jeanne

photo by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment